Winter time isn’t everyones favorite time of year, but it is totally mine. I love the cooler temperates, the rain and snow, the shorter days, and the winter fashion.
- The cute holiday outfits for my daughter.
- Seeing my daughter play in front of the Christmas tree.
- All the Christmas lights.
- (some) of the Chrismas music.
- Decorating. Seriously my FAVORITE.
- The cookies. Oh man, the cookies. (find my favorite Christmas Cookie recipe here.)
- Getting together with friends and family.
- The parades.
- The smell of Christmas trees.
- Buying little gifts for the important people in our lives.
- The coziness of it all.
- Creating new memories and traditions with my little girl.
I have been so busy lately that it has been hard for me to actually sit down and write a blog post. My spare time, I’m just wanting to relax and play with my little girl. Now, I plan to make a special post for Thursday’s–kind of like Target Tuesday, but hopefully I’ll have the time to post each Thursday. My target Tuesday posts have been slacking lately, whoops! In these new weekly posts, I’ll post three highlights or important pieces of the week.
Time to start my first Three Things Thursday!
1. I finally had court for custody and child support. Unfortunately, things are being delayed and we have court again next month. Hopefully we can get something temporary ordered so I have some financial support from my soon to be ex husband.
2. We are planning on having a girls trip up to the snow, so I’ve been buying a few cooler weather items for my girl. So many places are out of stock in store, so hopefully I can get some cute options online. I have an adorable jacket on its way from Old Navy. I ordered a size up so we can layer a lot and it will hopefully fit next winter, too. Can’t wait to see Caroline as a little snow bunny! If you have snow snow outfit recommendations, please drop them in the comments!
3. We bought a pass to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo! We have been quite a few times already and figured it’s best to go ahead and by the pass, it’s only $45! Now we can go as often as we’d like and only have to pay parking. Happy hollow has adorable rides as well as a petting zoo and rescued wild animals.
1. We eat meals together — eating together is important to me. It is more family time, it is great to teach her different foods, it is great to show her appreciation for others by saying please and thank you. I think it is important for her to see that I say please and thank you to others, and because of that, she says it too. Of course she signs it, and I taught her the signs, but soon when she is more verbal, she will know when it is appropriate to say it too.
2. We do chores together — Daniel tigers clean up song works wonders. Who would of thought? “Clean up pick up put away, clean up, every day.” She knows the song is from Daniel tiger and of course loves it. Because she knows it is from something she loves, she is happy as can be while helping me clean up her toys. Having a nice toy box makes it easy for her to put all her things in one place.
3. We read together — of course, she is more interested in looking at the pictures, lifting flaps, touching the textures. Books are such a great tool to help teach. She finds colors, finds characters,
4. We go for walks–our daily walk around the neighborhood is something she enjoys. She loves to be outside, she loves look around, she loves having a change of pace.
5. We have outdoor play — weather it be throwing a ball for the dogs, or going to the park, little miss loves to be outdoors. And I love to have her away from technology.
6. We listen to music — Disney’s Pandora station is incredible. I have it on while I’m cooking, she can dance or independently play and do so happily. We dance to it. She mocks my singing. It helps with long car rides. The songs are familiar and bring her so much joy.
I was so excited to kiss 2018 goodbye. It sure was a life changing year. We spent the whole year in our new home, California. I was so excited to show my little girl everything that mama did while growing up. I was and still am SO excited to raise her where I grew up.
2018 was a year of change. One brother deployed, one brother came home. My husband left and never looked back.
2019 is a new start. It is my new start. I am deciding to never look back. I know my worth, and I know myself and my daughter deserve so much more than what he gave us and what he offered us.
2019 we are grateful and growing. 2019 we are engaging and emerging. 2019 we are are inspiring and inviting. 2019 we are beginning and becoming. 2019 we are learning and we are loving.
This was my first time doing a gift exchange with someone I haven’t met. We are given a $50 budget to and a little info on our partner. I was paired up with Angie from My So Called Chaos, she is also the person who set this gift exchange up! Things I learned about her prior to shopping: she is a first time mom to a little girl, she loves coffee, stationary, and the color teal. She likes warm scents and peppermint and is non religious but celebrates Christmas. With this info, I was able to find (what I think to be) a great selection of items.
I was so excited when my friend Calista told me about a group of bloggers getting together to do a 12 days of Christmas. We both immediately signed up and anxiously waited to see who our partners would be.
Warning: Use of undefined constant custom_pagination - assumed 'custom_pagination' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/laurelzb/public_html/wp-content/themes/alexandra/index.php on line 37