Not much has been going on around here, so let’s just jump into the highlights over the past week.
1. We had a Poppet meet up at Happy Hollow! It was a blast and I’m thankful that babywearing has brought so many new people into my life.
2. I had to get a new phone. My camera stopped working and I had TONS of hardware issues. After taking my phone in, the guy at the Genius Bar explained the cost to fix each issue and it was actually cheaper to trade my broken phone in for $300 towards a new phone. I now have the iPhone XR in yellow. I’ll follow up with a full review of this over the weekend!
3. This is probably the main highlight of my week. 😂 long story short…my oldest brother is on deployment right now and it was recently his birthday. My middle brother decided to travel to get his favorite dinner and favorite dessert so he can send him pictures of it saying “happy birthday”. Totally a jerk move, but what else do siblings do? 😂 anyways… this is the best dessert in the world. Kaluha cream pie from Marie Calendar’s. It’s also on sale for $8.99 this month, thank me later. Now the reason I’m so excited about this is because I haven’t had it in years. We grew up all getting it for our birthdays and holidays. Then I moved to North Carolina for 6 years and they didn’t have it there, after moving back a head and a half ago, I still didn’t have it because the Marie Calendar’s in our town closed down. So my brother driving up to get it (just to torture our other brother, mind you) was pretty exciting. He even put a “32” birthday candle in it to add the slightest bit more torture.
It’s already been another week, and a handful of exciting things have happened. Here are some of our highlights!
1. It snowed here! It’s uncommon for us to get snow, so this was exciting. Caroline finally got to see the snow, but she fell asleep in the car during our short drive. She didn’t want to play in it and just wanted to be held by mama. Hoping she will enjoy it next time!
2. I officially took over the social media for Poppet. Poppet is an incredible baby wearing brand which creates gorgeous ring slings. Check out our Instagram and give it a follow!
3. We went back to court and I we will officially be receiving child support through a temporary order. It’s not much, but it’s a start. Hoping things start to look up for my girl and I!
I have been so busy lately that it has been hard for me to actually sit down and write a blog post. My spare time, I’m just wanting to relax and play with my little girl. Now, I plan to make a special post for Thursday’s–kind of like Target Tuesday, but hopefully I’ll have the time to post each Thursday. My target Tuesday posts have been slacking lately, whoops! In these new weekly posts, I’ll post three highlights or important pieces of the week.
Time to start my first Three Things Thursday!
1. I finally had court for custody and child support. Unfortunately, things are being delayed and we have court again next month. Hopefully we can get something temporary ordered so I have some financial support from my soon to be ex husband.
2. We are planning on having a girls trip up to the snow, so I’ve been buying a few cooler weather items for my girl. So many places are out of stock in store, so hopefully I can get some cute options online. I have an adorable jacket on its way from Old Navy. I ordered a size up so we can layer a lot and it will hopefully fit next winter, too. Can’t wait to see Caroline as a little snow bunny! If you have snow snow outfit recommendations, please drop them in the comments!
3. We bought a pass to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo! We have been quite a few times already and figured it’s best to go ahead and by the pass, it’s only $45! Now we can go as often as we’d like and only have to pay parking. Happy hollow has adorable rides as well as a petting zoo and rescued wild animals.