1. We eat meals together — eating together is important to me. It is more family time, it is great to teach her different foods, it is great to show her appreciation for others by saying please and thank you. I think it is important for her to see that I say please and thank you to others, and because of that, she says it too. Of course she signs it, and I taught her the signs, but soon when she is more verbal, she will know when it is appropriate to say it too.
2. We do chores together — Daniel tigers clean up song works wonders. Who would of thought? “Clean up pick up put away, clean up, every day.” She knows the song is from Daniel tiger and of course loves it. Because she knows it is from something she loves, she is happy as can be while helping me clean up her toys. Having a nice toy box makes it easy for her to put all her things in one place.
3. We read together — of course, she is more interested in looking at the pictures, lifting flaps, touching the textures. Books are such a great tool to help teach. She finds colors, finds characters,
4. We go for walks–our daily walk around the neighborhood is something she enjoys. She loves to be outside, she loves look around, she loves having a change of pace.
5. We have outdoor play — weather it be throwing a ball for the dogs, or going to the park, little miss loves to be outdoors. And I love to have her away from technology.
6. We listen to music — Disney’s Pandora station is incredible. I have it on while I’m cooking, she can dance or independently play and do so happily. We dance to it. She mocks my singing. It helps with long car rides. The songs are familiar and bring her so much joy.