This is so yummy and one of my favorite things to gift people during the holidays. Just place the caramel corn into a cute and festive tray and it makes the perfect present!
3 quarts poppet premium natural or butter flavored popcorn, popped.
1 cup firmly packaged brown sugar
1/2 cup margarin or butter
1/2 cup Karo light or dark syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pop popcorn
- Spray large baking tray with cooking spray and place the popped kernels tray, remove any unpopped kernals.
- In heavy 1 1/2 quart saucepan: coat pan with cooking spray and then stir in butter, brown sugar, and corp syrup. Stir constantly and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil additional 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour carmel sauce over popcorn and stir to coat well.
- Bake in oven at 250 degrees F, stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
- Spoon popcorn onto parchment paper and break it apart as popcorn cools.
***For easiest cleanup: spray all pans, wooden spoons, and trays with cooking spray.